Bookmark and Share

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]





Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Meet the Staff: Elizabeth


I suppose it's only fair that I post about myself as I am part of the staff and I've twisted everyone else's arms for pictures and personal info!

I started knitting when I moved to Omaha just over three years ago. I found String of Purls after learning how to knit from Lorna Weirda (now, friend and knitter who attends Sit N'Knits at String of Purls). She was offering me suggestions of places to connect with people since I was new to the area. I've been working for the shop as the "internet girl" for about six months now, updating the website, sending out the monthly e-letter, and generally keeping technological panic to a minimum! I'm also the group moderator for Ravelry String of Purls group (xopheliax) and I keep our Facebook profile updated. I have to say I LOVE my job! It relates to everything I enjoy: computers, knitting, photography, journalling, organizing, etc...

Currently, I'm in love with Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk (aran) and Manos Cotton Stria yarns, although I'm sure that will change at any point without warning. I enjoy knitting challenging patterns (like cables or unique designs), but I always have a "mindless" pattern on hand for when I'm too tired to think. I'm knitting a baby blanket for our first little one due in January and a luxurious Alpaca silk cardigan for myself for the cooler weather. Really...that yarn is such a dream...I want to swim in it.

Anyway, the "Guilt-Level of Stash Size" would have to be at least a 5...but I figure I get lots of points taken off for having every scrap of yarn assigned to a potential project!! Right?